Wednesday, March 20, 2013

90 Days to Go


I've been on spring break for 6 days now, and I've been eating like a pig. St. Patty's Day was this past weekend, and believe me I drank like a drunken sailor (stupid Jack Daniels taunting me). I can't believe summer is 3 months away! I mentioned this on the other blog: I started Cathe's XTrain 90-day undulating rotation last week (not that working out did any good because I ate like a gavone). Seriously though, I was reading fitness articles online last night and the main message driven home was the majority of weightloss efforts start and end in the kitchen. I also learned that you should do no more than 45-60 min/day of cardio because anything over that isn't beneficial at all, and may even thwart your efforts. I can do this. I need to plan. That's what it boils down to: PLANNING. Oh and not being a lazy fuck.


Last Friday, Amy and I decided to stay at the house for one extra night before break in favor of going to the bar. I don't know when I grew a pair but I saw a cute guy walk in (we'll call him Alex) and I decided to start talking to him; I very rarely approach guys, especially at bars. I usually sit there and try to make eyes, hoping he'd get the hint to come over and talk to me but the only ones reeled in by that lame attempt are dirt bags or weirdos. Oh and let's take a moment to discuss my LOVELY outfit that night: a Gaslight Anthem t-shirt, black hoodie, and yoga pants. Oh and minimal makeup. I looked like a hot mess, but surprisingly this guy actually gave me the time of day. We exchanged numbers and he said something along the lines of wanting to take me out to dinner sometime, but I blew it off because guys say lots of shit they don't mean. The next day he texted me and we talked for a little while, and he asked again if I'd like to get dinner/drinks when I got back to school and I said yes. Let's see if this actually happens. Like I said, guys are jerks and from my experience, they rarely ever follow up on plans they say they're gonna do. I did like this kid though, and he was fun (added plus: he listens to hard rock), so we'll see. If it keeps me from going back to online dating then I'm all for it!



Speaking of online dating, I went to lunch with the girls on Saturday once I got up to my parents' house. My one friend Marie is married with two kids. Her husband is awesome, and her girls are so cute. Marie was my BFF in middle school and high school, and she hasn't changed one bit. She takes me for who I am and doesn't shove shit down my throat, and I love her for that since that's how friends SHOULD be. My other friend, Liz, however, is someone to whom I'd like to deliver a hammerfist to the face. She is one of the most pretentious people I've ever met in my entire life. If you don't do things her way, then you suck and you might as well kill yourself now because you're not up to her standards. She is dating this total douche bag and they just had the marriage talk despite their being together for 2 fucking years! I went to Vegas with this kid and I almost pushed him off the balcony; he is RUDE, disrespectful, and completely socially stunted. One night, we came back from a bar and because they had to stay in the tower (they were too good for where the rest of us were staying), he refused to walk me back to my room and was gonna let me walk back...by myself...at 4AM. I wound up calling my brother to come down to the lobby and get me and I thought he was gonna punch this kid in the face the next day. Oh wait, can we talk about how when they go out to dinner, they order one meal and she eats whatever she wants off the plate and he eats the rest? Classy. But I digress. So of course because she has a boyfriend (doesn't matter whether she's happy or not), she is the shit so she felt the need to basically tell me I'm a loser for being single at 32. Oh yeah and also how I should start paying for online dating services because I'm not "taking this dating thing seriously." Are you fucking kidding me?! Go suck it. Ok, I will admit that being single isn't always fun and I do get lonely sometimes, but at the same time, I'm going for my fucking doctorate. I don't need anyone. The whole point of this is for me to be self-sufficient and not have to rely on a guy for anything. So have fun, Ms. Repressed Stepford Wife. Don't judge me!

No comments:

Post a Comment